Some examples of loading arm solutions applied in this application*:
*Please note that all applications are different and may be subject to design changes as warranted.
Steam Jacketed Loading Arms- In some applications loading arm may require steam jacketing to maintain product temperatures.
Steam Traced Loading Arms- An alternative to fully-jacketed loading arms, ControTrace bolt-on heating elements may offer some advantages (usually less costly & lighter weight) over fully jacketed piping while providing substantially more heating capacity and reliability than field-applied steam tracing.
- The basic configuration of a ControTrace element is a 2-in. by 1-in. rectangular tube formed of SA178 Grade A boiler tubing.
- One of the 2-in. sides is contoured to closely fit the outside diameter of the pipe which it will be placed.
- The standard wall thickness is 1/8 in., which gives ControTrace ample robustness and pressure-containing capability.
- Individual elements are fabricated to specific lengths. The ends of the tubing are closed, and inlet and outlet connections are added to enable heating medium transfer.
- ControTrace is secured to the loading arm with high-strength banding. Before banding, a thin layer of heat transfer compound is spread onto the ControTrace surface that will be in contact with the pipe or vessel.
Insulation Package- OPW can provide a Custom Insulation Package designed specifically for your loading arm. Unlike field-applied insulation, these packages are completely removable and reusable, making them the ideal solution for loading arm use.
- Removable & Reusable
- Safer – Heated arms can pose a potential burn hazard to operators. OPW Insulation Packages ensures that the loading arm is properly insulated to protect your personnel.
- Superior Heat Retention
- Construction Details:
- Inner Jacketing – 17 oz/sq. yd Teflon® Impregnated Fiberglass Cloth
- Outer Jacketing - 17 oz/sq. yd Teflon® Impregnated Fiberglass Cloth
- Insulation – 2” THK, low-density Fiberglass
- Thread - Teflon®-coated Fiberglass Thread
- Attachments - Teflon® Cloth Belts with stainless-steel double-D rings; drawstring flaps with Nomex Cord
- I.D. Tags – Stainless-steel embossed