- An effective means to prevent overfilling of tank is always suggested. In many cases both a primary (metering, scale/weight) and secondary (Hi-Level Alarm on Loading Arm) may be in place.
- For Clear, Light Non-Viscous Materials
Civacon Optic Cane Probe (Model 1300/1400)
- For Dark, Viscous Materials
A variety of probe styles, manufacturers can be adapted to fit on your OPW Loading Arm. We have experience with most major overfill brands.
- Concern for the environment and your employees is of utmost concern. Several options are available to help retain and recover harmful vapors and avoid excessive splashing, each customized to fit your application. Click here for more information on OPW Vapor Recovery Solutions
– Loading Arms can be fully or partially jacketed for efficient handling of asphalt, molten sulfer, waxes, resins and other products that are highly viscous or tend to solidify at ambient temperatures. Click here for more information on OPW Heated Loading Solutions.
– OPW can provide a Custom Insulation Package designed specifically for your loading arm. Unlike field-applied insulation, these packages are completely removable and reusable, making them the ideal solution for loading arm use.
Click here to view Loading Arm Insulation Spec’s
- Removable & Reusable
- Safer – Heated arms can pose a potential burn hazard to operators. OPW Insulation Packages ensures that the loading arm is properly insulated to protect your personnel.
- Superior Heat Retention
- Construction Details:
- Inner Jacketing – 17 oz/sq. yd Teflon® Impregnated Fiberglass Cloth
- Outer Jacketing - 17 oz/sq. yd Teflon® Impregnated Fiberglass Cloth
- Insulation – 2” THK, low-density Fiberglass
- Thread - Teflon®-coated Fiberglass Thread
- Attachments - Teflon® Cloth Belts with stainless-steel double-D rings; drawstring flaps with Nomex Cord
- I.D. Tags – Stainless-steel embossed
– Suggested for many top/splash loading applications. Available as an option on all Loading Arm designs.
|The Civacon model 8030 Ground Verification Monitor is compatible with today’s transport ground systems. The monitor is equipped to provide a permissive signal to allow load rack operation and, if ground is lost, to indicate a non-permissive signal and shut down the loading operation. || |
|Protects your equipment, piping and personnel in the event of an unintended pull-away. A consideration whenever you are making a tight connection to a truck or railcar. || |
– With OPW, you have many options at your disposal for your loading arm termination connections. From the original quick-disconnect Kamlok® coupling to our Epsilon™ dry disconnect coupling, we have a coupling to meet your needs.
– OPW Engineered Systems Vacuum Breakers permit quick, positive evacuation of the arm after the loading operation is complete. Suggested for any top load/submerged fill application.
- available to help insure that your loading arm stays securely in vehicle during loading operation. Several options available depending on your application.
– Loading arm drop tube can be provided with deflector to help minimize the risk of staic build-up and/or product foaming. Can also be used to redirect the upward pressure in order to keep the arm from attempting to rise out of tank during loading.
- 463 Deflector (Cone)
- Aluminum Construction
- 3” & 4”, FNPT
- 464 Deflector (Tee)
- Aluminum Construction
- 3” & 4”, FNPT
- Loading arm drop tube can be provided with a cast aluminum suction strainer when unloading tank cars. Helps prevent scale and other foreign objects from being sucked into line.
- 341 Suction Strainer
- Cast Aluminum
- Galvanized steel screen
- 3” & 4” FNPT
- 6400 Series Horizontal Valve – OPW Loading Valves are designed to shut off flow without causing shock in the pipeline.
- Adjustable closure rate
- 3” & 4” sizes, Aluminum Construction
- TTMA Flanged connections
- Ball Valves (per application/specification)
– an alternative to conventional spring balanced loading arm, pneumatics provide the ultimate in loading arm design.
All OPW Loading Arms can be customized to fit your specific application requirements. We do offer a series of Standard/ optimized solutions that are commonly specified. These optimized selections can be expedited to meet faster delivery requirements.
- 3” Top Unloading Arm Ductile Iron/Carbon Steel/ Aluminum Construction
Aluminum Load Valve
77” x 77” x 43” Drop
With remote (B32RF-3)
- Same as above in 6” (B32F-6) With remote (B32RF-6)
- 3” Top loading Arm Stainless Steel/PTFE Construction
78” x 90” x 66” Drop
60”x 60” x 60” Drop